April 7, 2009, Greencastle, Ind. — DePauw, ranked 13th in Division III, improved to 11-8 on the season following an 8-1 win over Rose-Hulman at the DePauw Indoor Tennis and Track Center.
DePauw took two of the three doubles matches with a pair of 8-0 wins at the second and third spots. The Tigers then swept all six singles matches in straight sets.
The Tigers return to action on Saturday, April 18, when they host Illinois Wesleyan and Wheaton.
Rose-Hulman Institute of Tech vs DePauw University
Apr 07, 2009 at Greencastle, Indiana
#13 DePauw University 8, Rose-Hulman Institute of Tech 1
1. Janelle Arita (DEPAUW) def. Sam Danesis (RHIT) 7-5, 6-2
2. Greer Mackie (DEPAUW) def. Megan Chann (RHIT) 6-0, 6-0
3. Kelly Gebert (DEPAUW) def. Katy Zawadski (RHIT) 6-0, 6-0
4. Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) def. Betsy Marschand (RHIT) 6-0, 6-0
5. Tricia Wilks (DEPAUW) def. Klara Schroederus (RHIT) 6-1, 6-0
6. Kristine Lewry (DEPAUW) def. Ellyn Norris (RHIT) 6-0, 6-0
1. Megan Chann/Sam Danesis (RHIT) def. Greer Mackie/Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) 9-8 (8-6)
2. Janelle Arita/Kelly Gebert (DEPAUW) def. Kristin Wilson/Katy Zawadski (RHIT) 8-0
3. Kristine Lewry/Tricia Wilks (DEPAUW) def. Maritza Gonzalez/Klara Schroederus (RHIT) 8-0
Rose-Hulman Institute of Tech 9-5
DePauw University 11-8; National ranking #13